As your go-to resource for community anchor institution broadband, the SHLB Coalition is proud to host webinars featuring key industry leaders and researchers to discuss relevant broadband issues.
The most recently recorded webinar is available to the public for a month following its air date, but SHLB members may access the full archive of webinars through our online resource library.
SHLB webinars are free and open to the public.
Hotspot Expansion: E-Rate Solutions for the Homework Gap
December 12, 2023 @1pm
The FCC's recent proposal to extend E-rate support for hot spot lending programs in libraries and schools promises to revolutionize internet access for patrons and students nationwide. However, divergent perspectives within Congress raise questions about the FCC's legal authority and the proposal's technology neutrality. Join us in this insightful webinar as we delve into the practical and legal complexities surrounding this critical initiative to address the pervasive 'homework gap.' Explore differing viewpoints, potential solutions, and the future landscape of accessible high-speed internet beyond campus confines.
Meet the Experts
- Gina Spade, Principal, Broadband Legal Strategies, LLC
- Beverly Sutherland, President and CEO, EdTechnologyFunds
- Moderator:John Windhausen, executive director, SHLB Coalition
- November 2023- E-rate for Bus Wi-Fi: Opportunities and Challenges for K-12 Schools
- September 2023- What Can States Do to Ensure Internet for All?
- August 2023- White House Summit K-12 Cybersecurity Takeaways
- July 2023- Analyzing NTIA's Changes to the BEAD State Challenge Process
- June 2023- Lessons Learned from ECF to Enhance E-Rate
- May 2023- Exploring the Role of Anchors in ACP Enrollment
- April 2023- Do Anchors Hold the Key to BEAD's Success?
- August 2022 - The "To and Through" Opportunity: New Research from OTI and SHLB
- July 2022 - Telehealth is Changing - Can Broadband Networks Keep Up?
- June 2022 - BEAD and Middle Mile: Post-NOFO Updates for Anchor Institutions
- May 2022 - Applying for E-rate is Hard...Could it Get Harder?
- March 2022 - Next Steps for Capital Projects Fund Broadband Program
- February 2022 - Next Steps for IIJA Broadband Programs
- November 2021 - Solving the Network Security Crisis for Anchors
- October 2021 - Navigating New Funding for a More Inclusive Digital World
- September 2021 - Repairing Broken Broadband Policy: A Conversation With Dr. Christopher Ali
- September 2021 - USForward: Securing USF for the Future
- August 2021 - Establishing a Telehealth Center in Your Library
- April 2021 - Make-Ready for Broadband: Are Poles Getting in the Way?
- March 2021 - What Could Schools and Libraries Do With $7 Billion?
- February 2021 - RDOF's Impact on Anchor Institutions
- February 2021 - Biden and Broadband
- July 2020 - Back to School? Broadband Solutions for Online Learning
- May 2020 - Broadband on the Hill: A Legislative Update
- March 2020 - Anchoring State Broadband Efforts
- January 2020 - Unfinished Business in the RHC Program
- December 2019 - What's Next for E-rate Category Two?
- July 2019 - Mapping the Way to Better Broadband
- June 2019 - Scoring Congressional Broadband Proposals
- May 2019 - Update on TV White Space Technology
- April 2019 - How Anchors Can Be Digital Inclusion Leaders
- February 2019 - Key Concepts in Spectrum Policy
- January 2019 - Potential Pitfalls for E-rate Applicants
- December 2018 - Unsolved Mysteries of the Rural Health Care Program
- November 2018 - Broadband Legislation in the 116th Congress
- July 2018 - How EBS Impacts Anchor Institutions
- June 2018 - State Broadband Programs
- May 2018 - Decoding E-rate Fiber
- April 2018 - Federal Policy Overview
- March 2018 - Spectrum Options: EBS, TV WhiteSpace & More
- February 2018 - County Broadband Initiatives
- January 2018 - Libraries as Digital Inclusion Champions
- December 2017 - E-rate Fiber
- November 2017 - E-rate and the Homework Gap
- October 2017 - Connect America Fund Introductory Webinar
- September 2017 - Rural Health Care Program: Crisis, Funding, and the Future
- April 2017 - Rural Health Care Program
- March 2017 - Broadband in the Infrastructure Bill
- February 2017 - Successful Models for State Subsidy Programs
- January 2017 - Partnerships and Rural Broadband Needs
- November 2016 - Government Funding and Networks
- October 2016 - Reducing Broadband Costs: Competition & Infrastructure
- September 2016 - The First Steps in Creating a Broadband Plan