As your go-to resource for community anchor institution broadband, the SHLB Coalition is proud to host webinars featuring key industry leaders and researchers to discuss relevant broadband issues.
The most recently recorded webinar is available to the public for a month following its air date, but SHLB members may access the full archive of webinars through our online resource library.
SHLB webinars are free and open to the public.
Applying for E-rate is Hard...Could it Get Harder?
May 25, 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. ET
In order to reduce the "risk" of waste, fraud, and abuse within the E-rate program, the Federal Communications Commission is considering changes to the competitive bidding rules that could take decision-making authority away from schools and libraries. SHLB and many E-rate applicants have come out staunchly against this proposal, fearing that it would be so burdensome that some schools and libraries won't apply for E-rate at all. Commenters have found little-to-no evidence that the FCC proposal would prevent fraud and instead suggest that the FCC should look at improving its data analytics. SHLB's next webinar will explore why the FCC is pursuing this idea and what alternative measures would be more cost-effective.
Meet the Experts
- Clare Liedquist Andonov, principal, Herman & Whiteaker, LLC
- Jim Kerr, principal, KB & Associates
- Beverly Sutherland, president and CEO, EdTechnologyFunds
- Moderator: John Windhausen, executive director, SHLB Coalition
SHLB Coalition members gain access to our entire archive of webinar recordings, listed below. Please be sure you are logged in to the membership portal before clicking the links below.
- February 2022 - Next Steps for IIJA Broadband Programs
- November 2021 - Solving the Network Security Crisis for Anchors
- October 2021 - Navigating New Funding for a More Inclusive Digital World
- September 2021 - Repairing Broken Broadband Policy: A Conversation With Dr. Christopher Ali
- September 2021 - USForward: Securing USF for the Future
- August 2021 - Establishing a Telehealth Center in Your Library
- April 2021 - Make-Ready for Broadband: Are Poles Getting in the Way?
- March 2021 - What Could Schools and Libraries Do With $7 Billion?
- February 2021 - RDOF's Impact on Anchor Institutions
- February 2021 - Biden and Broadband
- July 2020 - Back to School? Broadband Solutions for Online Learning
- May 2020 - Broadband on the Hill: A Legislative Update
- March 2020 - Anchoring State Broadband Efforts
- January 2020 - Unfinished Business in the RHC Program
- December 2019 - What's Next for E-rate Category Two?
- July 2019 - Mapping the Way to Better Broadband
- June 2019 - Scoring Congressional Broadband Proposals
- May 2019 - Update on TV White Space Technology
- April 2019 - How Anchors Can Be Digital Inclusion Leaders
- February 2019 - Key Concepts in Spectrum Policy
- January 2019 - Potential Pitfalls for E-rate Applicants
- December 2018 - Unsolved Mysteries of the Rural Health Care Program
- November 2018 - Broadband Legislation in the 116th Congress
- July 2018 - How EBS Impacts Anchor Institutions
- June 2018 - State Broadband Programs
- May 2018 - Decoding E-rate Fiber
- April 2018 - Federal Policy Overview
- March 2018 - Spectrum Options: EBS, TV WhiteSpace & More
- February 2018 - County Broadband Initiatives
- January 2018 - Libraries as Digital Inclusion Champions
- December 2017 - E-rate Fiber
- November 2017 - E-rate and the Homework Gap
- October 2017 - Connect America Fund Introductory Webinar
- September 2017 - Rural Health Care Program: Crisis, Funding, and the Future
- April 2017 - Rural Health Care Program
- March 2017 - Broadband in the Infrastructure Bill
- February 2017 - Successful Models for State Subsidy Programs
- January 2017 - Partnerships and Rural Broadband Needs
- November 2016 - Government Funding and Networks
- October 2016 - Reducing Broadband Costs: Competition & Infrastructure
- September 2016 - The First Steps in Creating a Broadband Plan