As your go-to resource for community anchor institution broadband, the SHLB Coalition is proud to host webinars featuring key industry leaders and researchers around the topics in our Broadband Action Plan.
The most recently recorded webinar is available to the public for a month following its air date, but SHLB members may access the full archive of webinars through our online resource library.
SHLB webinars are free and open to the public.
Back to School? Broadband Solutions for Online Learning
July 16, 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. ET
"Back to school" will not mean "back to normal" this fall. Almost every school system is making plans for a hybrid teaching model that includes significant online learning from home. Unfortunately, in some school districts, 20 to 30 percent of students do not have broadband at home, which poses a significant barrier to educational opportunity. Many school systems are struggling to address this broadband learning gap - some are providing hot spots and devices, others are upgrading their school broadband networks, while still others are exploring innovative options to provide their own wireless broadband services. SHLB's upcoming webinar explores how K-12 schools can prepare to meet the broadband challenges and needs of back-to-school during COVID-19.
Meet the Experts
- Moderator: John Windhausen Jr., executive director, SHLB Coalition
- Michael Flood, vice president, strategy, Kajeet
- Matt Hiefield, Teacher, Equity Team Member, Beaverton School District (Oregon)
- Michael McKerley, vice president, chief technology officer, ENA
SHLB Coalition members gain access to our entire archive of webinar recordings, listed below. Please be sure you are logged in to the membership portal before clicking the links below.
- May 2020 - Broadband on the Hill: A Legislative Update
- March 2020 - Anchoring State Broadband Efforts
- January 2020 - Unfinished Business in the RHC Program
- December 2019 - What's Next for E-rate Category Two?
- July 2019 - Mapping the Way to Better Broadband
- June 2019 - Scoring Congressional Broadband Proposals
- May 2019 - Update on TV White Space Technology
- April 2019 - How Anchors Can Be Digital Inclusion Leaders
- February 2019 - Key Concepts in Spectrum Policy
- January 2019 - Potential Pitfalls for E-rate Applicants
- December 2018 - Unsolved Mysteries of the Rural Health Care Program
- November 2018 - Broadband Legislation in the 116th Congress
- July 2018 - How EBS Impacts Anchor Institutions
- June 2018 - State Broadband Programs
- May 2018 - Decoding E-rate Fiber
- April 2018 - Federal Policy Overview
- March 2018 - Spectrum Options: EBS, TV WhiteSpace & More
- February 2018 - County Broadband Initiatives
- January 2018 - Libraries as Digital Inclusion Champions
- December 2017 - E-rate Fiber
- November 2017 - E-rate and the Homework Gap
- October 2017 - Connect America Fund Introductory Webinar
- September 2017 - Rural Health Care Program: Crisis, Funding, and the Future
- April 2017 - Rural Health Care Program
- March 2017 - Broadband in the Infrastructure Bill
- February 2017 - Successful Models for State Subsidy Programs
- January 2017 - Partnerships and Rural Broadband Needs
- November 2016 - Government Funding and Networks
- October 2016 - Reducing Broadband Costs: Competition & Infrastructure
- September 2016 - The First Steps in Creating a Broadband Plan
SHLB's webinars are made possible by the generous support of our corporate sponsor: