As your go-to resource for community anchor institution broadband, the SHLB Coalition is proud to host webinars featuring key industry leaders and researchers around the topics in our Broadband Action Plan.
The most recently recorded webinar is available to the public for a month following its air date, but SHLB members may access the full archive of webinars through our online resource library.
SHLB webinars are free and open to the public.
Mapping the Way to Better Broadband
July 31, 2019
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. ET
We've all heard this popular refrain by now: the FCC's broadband mapping data is horribly inaccurate. How can we end the digital divide without knowing where it actually exists? The FCC promises to address its mapping issues with an Order in August, and Congress is considering various proposals on its own. Yet many experts aren't waiting for the perfect legislation, and are tackling the discrepancies head-on with their own mapping projects. These efforts are the focus of SHLB's next webinar, which will explore the latest and greatest developments in broadband mapping.
Meet the Panel
- Moderator: John Windhausen Jr., executive director, SHLB Coalition
- Bob Ballance, principal, The Center for Internet As Infrastructure
- Sascha Meinrath, Palmer Chair in Telecommunications, Penn State University; director, X-Lab
SHLB Coalition members gain access to our entire archive of webinar recordings, listed below. Please be sure you are logged in to the membership portal before clicking the links below.
- June 2019 - Scoring Congressional Broadband Proposal
- May 2019 - Update on TV White Space Technology
- April 2019 - How Anchors Can Be Digital Inclusion Leaders
- February 2019 - Key Concepts in Spectrum Policy
- January 2019 - Potential Pitfalls for E-rate Applicants
- December 2018 - Unsolved Mysteries of the Rural Health Care Program
- November 2018 - Broadband Legislation in the 116th Congress
- July 2018 - How EBS Impacts Anchor Institutions
- June 2018 - State Broadband Programs
- May 2018 - Decoding E-rate Fiber
- April 2018 - Federal Policy Overview
- March 2018 - Spectrum Options: EBS, TV WhiteSpace & More
- February 2018 - County Broadband Initiatives
- January 2018 - Libraries as Digital Inclusion Champions
- December 2017 - E-rate Fiber
- November 2017 - E-rate and the Homework Gap
- October 2017 - Connect America Fund Introductory Webinar
- September 2017 - Rural Health Care Program: Crisis, Funding, and the Future
- April 2017 - Rural Health Care Program
- March 2017 - Broadband in the Infrastructure Bill
- February 2017 - Successful Models for State Subsidy Programs
- January 2017 - Partnerships and Rural Broadband Needs
- November 2016 - Government Funding and Networks
- October 2016 - Reducing Broadband Costs: Competition & Infrastructure
- September 2016 - The First Steps in Creating a Broadband Plan
SHLB's webinars are made possible by the generous support of our corporate sponsors: