03.01.17 SHLB Full Member Policy Call
Date(s): March 1, 2017: 1:00pm-2:00pm
1. Welcome to new Members and Membership Drive
2. Webinar Schedule
3. Advocacy Working Group being formed.
4. SHLB Annual Conference update - over 100 registrations already!
a. Pre-Conference Workshops on Digital Inclusion and E-rate Fiber - May 31
b. PPP Workshop and Health Workshop - June 1
5. Infrastructure legislation
a. President Trump speech on Infrastructure
b. Senate Infrastructure hearing - SHLB submitted its Rural ABC Plan for the record
c. USTelecom/NTCA/WTA statement and principles (see attached)
d. Possible Hill briefings?
6. E-rate Developments
a. Chairman Pai's recent statements (worrisome)
b. March 8 FCC Oversight hearings and strategy
c. Update from Brakeman/Chambers/Kellogg letter?
7. Rural Health Program
a. Senate Health letter - 6 Senators from Maine, N.H. and New Mexico
b. Senate Broadband Caucus event on Telehealth planned for March 29
c. Next steps - FCC and USAC meetings
8. Report from NEBSA Conference
a. Petition submitted for FCC to issue new EBS licenses - should SHLB support?
9. SHLB submission to Dept of Ed on collecting bandwidth information from schools.
10. Other issues?